Along the same thread as Ellie my review is based on the Wyndgate as a wedding venue.
The ceremony was held by the Farmhouse, pictures were shot around the grounds, most notably along the bridge and near the creek where the coolest shots were taken.
The entire clubhouse facility is gorgeous and the balcony patio was a really nice spot for mingling near the bar. That said the balcony pulled people from the dance floor with the nice weather...just an FYI.
The food was pretty solid...I know the filet mignon was overcooked but it had a great beer, soy, ginger, marinade that was fantastic and the potatoes Dauphinoise were almost perfect.
All in all the wedding was one of the nicest I've been to just be prepared to deal with the Wyndgate wedding coordinator...she doesn't mess around but made the day seemless.
I chose the Wyndgate as my wedding venue for both the ceremony and reception, and I couldn't have been happier about my choice!
Everything was beautiful and turned out exactly how I envisioned it to be. We worked with Olivia, the event coordinator for Wyndgate. She was awesome to work with planning the event and also so helpful the day of. Her professionalism and enthusiastic personality really kept me at ease throughout the whole process.
The outdoor ceremony site at the Wyndgate is AMAZING!!! There are no other outside venues in metro Detroit that can compare to it. The area where the vows take place looks over the beautifully maintained golf course. There is no need to spend money on decorations or flowers because the area is already landscaped to perfection.
The food and wine that the club offers is delicious. We chose to have the New York strip and the chicken en croute for our main dish. We still have guests complimenting on how good the food was.
I would highly recommend Wyndgate as a wedding venue. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience.
This review is for the Wyndgate as a venue for a wedding ceremony and reception.
IT WAS FANTASTIC! We had a blast, the guests had a blast, it was truly wonderful. Olivia, the coordinator we worked with, was very responsive and approachable. She worked with us to get things just the way we wanted.
Here's a run down of the coolest parts:
1. The wedding party and parents got ready in the locker rooms (which are shared with club members, but not that crowded on Saturday mornings!). The men even had little name tags on lockers!
2. We were able to bring stuff the day before to set up (not always available, depending on their schedule)
3. Olivia was there for the rehearsal and for the big day.
4. We had the whole club house ground level for our wedding. Including a large dining room, dessert area with some seating/standing tables, a lounge area with couches, and a dancefloor/band area. The different rooms provided a really cool atmosphere, and people could go where they liked. Don't like loud music? Don't go in the dancefloor room!
5. I'm lactose intolerant, and the chef accommodated plus 100. All my food was dairy free, there were dairy free desserts, etc.! They also accommodated guests with shellfish allergies, gluten allergies, etc. FABULOUS.
I definitely suggest looking into them. They are a bit pricy for southeast Michigan, but not the most expensive. If you're looking at a wedding of more than 150 guests and have a meaty enough budget - look them up. It runs around the $100/guest level - plus or minus depending on what you pick for food, package level, etc.