Started taking golf lessons and trying out different driving range.
Some good things about this place:
1) They offer really great deals on beginner lessons compared to other places
2) The ground is real grass and when you hit the ground with the club, it doesn't hurt as much as cement (in the long run, this is better for your body)
3) On a sunny day, they actually put the mats for the driving range closer
4) no club fees and it's open to the public
5) friendly staff
6) lots of parking
7) golf pro shop and nice restaurant
Only one bad thing:
1) not a lot of spaces to practice and at times, it can get busy :(
University Golf Club has wide, forgiving fairways. Rolling hills.
I golf here with colleagues, annually, for past 10 years.
Well-maintained, par 72 course. Friendly staff.
Rental clubs are replaced annually. This year's rentals are excellent TaylorMade RBZ Rocket Ballz.
Tip: Layer clothes in case cool, even in June. Weather can change and often does during course of a game.
$45 taxis ride from airport.
If you think this review is useful, funny or cool, I'd appreciate your feedback by clicking below.
Have only used the driving range so far...very good and quite busy some days
Like the overall experience here; easy, close access to the driving range from the parking lot, unlike those Richmond ones; golf pro shop, a restaurant, meeting facilities, & best of all, nice, spacious washrooms, partially carpeted too ;)
Played there for the third time this season. The Course was in excellent shape based on the weather lately. Fairways were immaculate, and the greens just fast enough.