After playing Swan-e-set in the morning, and with warm weather, (every time we are in B.C. the weather doesn't always cooperate), we decided to give this course a go. Overall, our experience was good. The course is great shape and definitely worth trying. The course is in Langley, but its real close off Hwy 1 and the Golden Ears bridge.
· Fairways-Fairways were in good shape but lots of uneven lies, so you will need to adjust your swing accordingly, to play a good 2nd shot.
· Layout-Very challenging layout and lots of blind shots. For example, #2 hole is ~340 yrd par 4, but before pulling out your driver/3 wood, you have to place your tee shot at the top of the hill as your approach shot is well above the green (~100-125 ft change in elevation), so please club down. What makes the courses in the NorthWest challening, is the rough. The rough can be brutal, because of the amount the NW moisture sees, your game needs to be sharp.
· Very Hilly but walkable
· Good price- Played at 2:30 for $38 on a Sunday
· Facilities were good shape.
· Course does not drain well. Lots soggy areas, but I think this primarily due to carts driving through the saturated areas.
* PLEASE repair your divots, especially on the greens. A good number of greens were beat up because players not repairing their divots
Great value for a beautiful track. Immaculate conditions today. My only gripe was the greens were a bit slower than expected but that's okay. Layout, design and service are exceptional. The marshall came by four times to refill our water and shoot us with a water gun to cool us down, thank you. $69.95 peak holiday rate includes the cart. Today the course was just as good as the top tier tracks in the lower mainland (Morgan Creek, Northview, etc).
Great track out in Langley. Always in good shape and a very good test of golf. One of the best tracks in the lower mainland for sure.
See my top 5 courses in the lower mainland: drinksmokegolf.blogspot.…
Meh- Just about sums it up. If you want to go to an over priced course with questionable drainage and rules signs "shouting" at you in CAPS every 10 feet then pick Redwoods. I really wanted to like this course as it's a 5 minute drive from my house. There are other courses in Langley just as good, like Newlands or Belmont, but half the price. I had just come over from a trip to the island where I was lucky enough to play Bear and OV when I played this course. Now those are 2 tracks where it's worth $85 for a round!