Ridges At Sand Creek

  4 Reviews

This is a great course. The layout was great, the staff was very friendly and the pace of play was was just fine.

The course is well designed with plenty of risk reward options. It's also nice because you get the feeling of 2 different courses as it starts above and plays very links style and then drops down to the creek and plays through the woods.

Great course I will definitely be back!

Did you find this review helpful? Yes No Report it

Looks like this is the first review for the actual Golf Course...

"Ridges", this is one of the only courses I have played that the name really says something about the course.  There are ridges on the Fairways, ridges on the greens, ridges in the rough...I mean this is really an accurate description of the features on this course and they make it a more challenging experience.

We had a Sunday morning tee time and the gentlemen in the clubhouse was very pleasant, only thing I would disagree with is his recomendation on it being an easy course to walk.  This is not an easy walking course and I would suggest a cart, I used a push cart and it was still a bear.  There is quite a bit of distanc between holes and some long, steep hills.  The ranger checking people in at hole #1 was also very nice, he chatted us up about the owners and gave us a quick tutorial hole by hole.  Very nice people that are eager to share this little gem in the country with new visitors.

30% of the holes are pretty wide open while the other 70% are in a valley area with some really challenging elevation changes, water and of course...ridges.  These ridges are like spines through the putting surface, sloping areas that cause a blind approach and angled fairways that will prevent you from having a flat stance.  They did a great job incoroporating these little annoyances to make for a difficult round.

We had lunch after on the nice big back patio.  I had the Wrangler Burger with Onion Rings and BBQ Sauce, it was good but was definitely not medium as requested.  There was a good looking brunch going on as we made the turn, I know I saw a waffle area and omelet bar.  My friends and I will definitely keep this course on the play again list, except next time we will be renting a cart :)

Did you find this review helpful? Yes No Report it

Pro shop needs to learn to not book a tour of 6-somes and schedule tee times imediately after they start. Do your self a favor and drive the extra 10 minutes to New Prague Country Club instead.

Did you find this review helpful? Yes No Report it

I often eat at the Ridges restaurant for lunch and while the food is very good, it is never served the same way twice and often served differently than decribed on the menu.  I would definitely recommend eating there, but check with the server to make sure you are getting what you are ordering.

Did you find this review helpful? Yes No Report it

Ratings Breakdown