Just spent the day here working a wedding. The atmosphere is ok just felt trapped in the '90s. The food is amazing. Not sure if they cook it fresh or warm up frozen food. The weeding was so beautiful being outside and all. Did I mention the food! lol
Wow, easily the best value private club in Jacksonville! The course conditions blow most any other course out of the water, and it is a fun layout too (very tight). The nightlife here is incredible compared to other clubs, and the food is surprisingly delicious. I have no complaints about this club. Hundreds of active members - very fun neighborhood - we love it.
Always enjoy going to visit. Beautiful neighborhood. Friendly people. A nice place to walk.
I attended a reception here recently and was extremely impressed by the entire experience, but this is Yelp, so let's focus on the food.
The reception was for about 75 people, I'd estimate. Before we were ushered into the main area, we mingled while servers brought by trays of hors d'oeuvres. Check this out:
* Oxtail barbecue sticky bun. These were nuts - some kind of sweet bun with barbecue in the middle. Outstanding.
* Slices of watermelon with proscuitto or some such wrapped around them
* Crawfish mac & cheese
* Chicken bites with some sort of sweet/spicy jelly, served in a waffle cone with strawberry jam in the bottom
After like 4 of those sticky buns, we were seated in the main room, and there were the following buffet tables ready to cause trouble:
* Sweet potato biscuits with praline butter (ridiculous)
* Deviled eggs with pork belly on top (this is a brilliant idea, am stealing this idea)
* Sweet tea marinated pork loin on a bed of succotash (very, very good succotash)
* Shrimp & grits with Cajun spices
* Fried green tomato chunks with datil pepper jelly
* Beef satay on truffled mashed potatoes (not crazy about the beef, though the potatoes were good)
Easily the best wedding reception food I've ever had. The facility was also very nice, and the service was prompt, but really, I'm here to tell you about those deviled eggs, man.
Outstanding golf course.