Designed by James Braid, our tree-lined, flat parkland course was formed in 1925 on part of the grounds of the Garnkirk Estate, the land being acquired specifically for the creation of a golf course, along with the beautiful 18th century Mansion House. The Mansion House was sold in 1937 and was rebuilt by the new owner from the foundations up, before it was re-acquired in 1955 and converted to our present clubhouse. Whilst most of the holes use more or less the original layout, additional ground was acquired in the 1930′s on which the current 6th to 9th holes are built, lengthening the course by some 600 yards to its current length of 6,168 yards from the Gents’ Medal Tees. The course is relatively flat parkland, which both professionals and amateurs find a very fair test of their ability, particularly on some of the longer Par 4′s. Most holes are tree-lined with oak, birch and pine trees and the Garnkirk Burn winds its way through the middle part of the course, making the 6th and 7th holes testing, depending on which way the wind is blowing.
Tee Times, Golf Deals & Information for
Crow Wood Golf Club